Is there a natural remedy for hiatal hernia symptoms?
Hiatal hernias can be caused by an accident, injury, birth defect, or extra pressure from obesity or pregnancy. They are also common in people who have GERD. A hiatal hernia occurs when part of the stomach and the lower part of the esophagus slide up through the hiatus in the diaphragm (the muscular wall that separates the abdomen and chest cavity) or when part of the stomach pushes through the hiatus and becomes trapped next to the esophagus. In some cases, patients will feel little or no symptoms, while others may have more severe and painful symptoms.
Hiatal hernia symptoms include:
Chest pain and heartburn are mainly due to the reflux of food and stomach acid into the esophagus which can cause a painful burning sensation, feel like a lump in the throat or chest, and over a long period of time, can lead to asthma and erosion of the esophagus.
Fortunately, the symptoms can be successfully treated with home cures and natural remedies in almost all cases. Alternative health remedies offer safe, low-cost, and readily available solutions compared to dangerous and expensive prescription drugs.
Treatment for symptoms includes:
Proper diet to avoid triggering reflux.
· Avoid certain actions such as bending over after meals, this helps prevent reflux.
Eliminate bad habits such as tobacco and alcohol consumption.
· In some cases, a doctor may recommend surgery, although many risk factors can lead to dangerous complications.
In addition to a good diet and a consistent exercise routine, natural remedies for acid reflux provide effective and safe treatment and can even prevent further episodes.
Natural remedies for treating hiatal hernia symptoms include:
· Herbs and spices that can be used in cooking or on their own, including; ginger, basil, mint, licorice root and fennel seeds.
Sweetie. Honey can be used to combat hiatal hernia symptoms, either on its own or by drinking it with herbal teas.
Apple cider vinegar. This amazing remedy for hiatal hernia symptoms has been shown to work wonders for many. Usually a teaspoon or two can help for days and are available in most supermarkets. Make sure you buy a high quality brand.
Baking soda and water drunk after meals are also a natural remedy for hiatal hernia symptoms.
aloe vera juice
Chewing gum after meals.
· Some are worn down by certain exercises or movements that can put the organs back in place.
· Stay hydrated with 6-10 glasses of water a day, but do not drink at mealtimes.
· Don’t lie down right after a meal or don’t eat close to bedtime. Keep your upper body elevated while you sleep.